Well I’m going to say sorry for taking so long. The last several months have been tough to find time to work on BeP, but its done.
Now this release was more about trying to improve the current BeP system rather than add new things. There are a few bug fixes which were needed and also some Optimisation. Now BeP won’t load unless you use its controllers. Which means Ajax controllers are now possible (without haven’t to load the whole BeP system). This should decrease the loading required.
A quick overview of changes are below:
- Added a new readonly style for the forms. Now if a form input is readonly add the class readonly to it to display a greyed out look. See Enhancement #44
- Added the new Image controller which allows images to be loaded dynamically.
- Added a new Popup Container which allows a popup window to be created with all the advantages of the BackendPro system, but without the navigation/footer/header.
- A new and improved install script. It now performs system checks (e.g log folder writable) and gives detailed information on the process.
- New documentation in the user guide about the process of upgrading versions of BackendPro
- Removed the BackendPro class and instead incoperated the library loading code into the Site_Controller class.
- Moved the welcome controller and view to its own module so its easy for the user to delete.
- Fixed some spelling errors both in the user guide and in the code.
- Removed the webmaster name/email preferences since these seemed old fashioned and also were not used by the base system.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t change a permission allow status, i.e. from Allow to Deny, See Bug #54
- Fixed a bug where a “deprecated” warning is thrown when using pass by reference in php 5 in resource.php view, See Bug #55
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t have ACL actions with a space in the name, this caused problems when trying to assign them to a permission, See Bug #57
- Fixed a bug where when modifying a permission, instead of saving it, it created a new permission, See Bug #20
- Fixed a bug where status messages would get repeated if an ajax controller method was called, See Bug #4
- Fixed a bug where if no user profile fields are created but the user profiles are turned on, it would error saying “Must you set method” when trying to save a edited user account, See Bug #51
- Fixed a bug with unserialize() Spamming logs with errors, See Bug #37
So head over to the BackendPro development site and get a copy. Hopefuly now with the Upgrade instructions it will be easy to move your current system accross OR click HERE to download the zip file.